As we head into the Spring and Summer months, we at Vocal Workout want to think about what the seasons mean for voice? How should we care for the mind, body, and soul during transitional months? Lastly, what good is summer fun without summer self-care?
Here are 10 tips to care for your mind, body, and soul during the summer months:
- Drink plenty of water. Hydration is good for your physical, mental, and emotional health.
- Avoid consuming extremely cold beverages and foods. We know it’s hot outside, but the larynx is a muscle and you need to keep it warm and loose.
- Buy a tumbler. Tumblers will keep your drinks hot for up to 6 hours. You’ll need warm tea when you’re inside cooler venues. Warm tea is also good for relaxation.
- Monitor your environment. The summer months can bring on respiratory issues. Be aware of the air quality you’re inhaling. Also, be aware of the energy you surround yourself with.
- Avoid yelling. Summer is full of summer fun, loud music, and parties, BUT you’re a vocalist. If you’re going to yell at least use your diaphragm !
- Don’t forget to breathe. Proper breathing is important to maintaining the quality and quantity of your performances. Taking slow deep breaths also
- help with anxiety.
- Secure a sound check. A lot of your shows will be outside. Make sure you secure a sound check. Be sure to take notes of the settings during the sound check. Give it to the sound person before your set to ensure your show sound is consistent with your pre-show sound check.
- Do a cleanse. No, this doesn’t mean buy a pack of flat tummy tea. Try cleaning your diet for 7 days. This will aide in ridding your body of toxins.
- Take a Social Media break. Take a week to clear your mind. Read a book instead of scrolling through your timeline
- Prayer/Meditation Always make time to stay centered and grounded.
We hope these tips will help you conquer the summer. Did we leave anything out? Share some of your tips with us below?
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE, SHARE, AND COMMENT!!
” Vocal Workout Changed My Life”